2013-2014 Choral Audition Info
Auditions for the 2013-14 school year have concluded. Thank you to all who auditioned! If you are interested in joining a choir mid-year, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Interested in joining a choir? Keep reading!
1. Check out the descriptions for each of our choirs to see which one suits your interest and schedule, and if you need an audition: Bella Voce, Chamber Choir, Meistersingers, Glee, and University Chorale.
2. If the choir requires an audition, or you would like voice lessons, check the dates/times listed below, and sign up for an audition time:
2013-14 Auditions are:
Friday, Sept 27: 10am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Saturday, Sept 28: 10:00am-12pm
Sunday, Sept 29: 12pm-4pm, 5pm-6pm
Monday, Sept 30: 1pm-3pm, 3:30pm-6pm
Sign up for Choir Auditions by clicking here and follow the directions below:
Auditions are 7 minutes long.
The audition will consist of the following:
♫ Performing your song (if you don't have something prepared, you can sing a folk song like Amazing Grace or My Country 'Tis of Thee)
♫ A sight-reading exam
♫ Those interested in Chamber Choir may also be given a short song to learn just prior to the audition.
♫ Choral/vocal faculty will advise you on choral placement, voice lessons, and other musical opportunities.
Auditions are held in room 204 of Benton Hall, except for September 29th when they will be held in Benton 303.
3. On the day of Auditions:
1. Arrive 5-10 minutes before you scheduled slot
2. Order will be determined upon arrival
3. Fill out audition information sheet (provided at audition)
5. Await email notification of choral groups and voice lesson placement
4. Extra audition info and tips:
- Read the frequently asked questions
- Come early so that you have time to fill out your audition form and get comfortable.
- Bring your class schedule with you.
- An accompanist will be at the audition to play for you.
- If you have an art song or aria that you can sing, bring it with you, along with a copy for the accompanist. For those wishing to audition for Chamber Choir, an art song or aria is required.
- If you don't have a prepared song, you can sing a folk song such as "Amazing Grace" or "My Country Tis of Thee."
- You will be greeted by music students who know the process and can answer questions, and you will be auditioning for a few members of the OSU faculty, who are eager to listen to you and have you join us.